Friday, February 13, 2009

Pecan in the Parking Lot

So I got to my apppointment early and pulled in the Target parking lot to figure out the hands-free phone contraption in the car. A lone crow was cruising for something to eat. It has been raining a lot lately, so all the birds come out during the dry periods and look for food. In the suburbs, of course, where better for a crow to search than parking lots.

Always prepared for corvid contact, I had a bag of pecans handy. I got out of the car with the bag and krinkled it up so it would make that good "food is in this kind of bag" noise. The crow was immediately alerted. Paused. Watched. Waited. I dropped a few nuts, lightly broke the shell and retreated to the car. I'll have to start carrying a better camera than the iPhone has if I'm going to keep this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment